Remove/ Delete Name from Ration Card
The name deletion of a family member from Ration Card is not a hard process. However it may take time due to lake of necessary documents. But mostly it takes not more than 7-15 days. The name deletion can be applied in following cases-
- Marriage of a Girl.
- Death of family member.
- Division of Family.
- Any other reason.
All the state governments have provided this facility to Remove/ Delete the name of a family member in above cases. The applicant may apply for this through both Online or Offline modes. However, some state have no facility for Online Application, such candidates only have the option to apply through the prescribed written proforma. The same may be available on the related website of state food & supply department.
Fees for the Name Deletion-
The fee for deletion a name from ration card may vary from state to state. However, a minor fee of Rs. 5-10 is taken by the department. The receipt of the same will also be given to you by the office.
If you want to apply for the Name Deletion from Ration Card, you will have reach to the the Food Supply Department.
- Get the Application Form for Name Deletion.
- Fill up the Form and submit it to the same office with necessary documents.
Documents required for Remove the Family Member’s Name-
- Duly filled Application Form (D1).
- Death Certificate of Family Member whose name is to be removed.
- Marriage Certificate (in case of Daughter/ Girl’s Marriage)
- New Passport Size Family Photo.
The Sub-Inspector/ Inspector from Food & Supply Department will verify the particulars submitted by applicant. He/ She may visit the residence of the applicant for inquiry.
The ration card will be supplied to you by District Food and Supplies Controller/ Assistant Food and Supplies Officer/ Inspector Food and Supplies with in 7 to 15 days.
- Apply for Ration Card – Online/ Offline
- Ration Card Status – Check Online
- Ration Card Application Form