List of Documents Required for Ration Card Application
Ration Card Documents Required – Ration Card is also known as Permanent Ration Card (PRC) and Household Consumer Card (HCC). If you want to obtain Ration Card from your state government, you will have to supply any of the following documents with Application Form-
- Voter ID Card
- Electricity Bill in the name of Head of Family.
- Water Bill issued by Public Health Department/ Issuing Authority.
- Copy of Name mentioned in the Family Register
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Copy of Telephone Bill
- Any other relevant document issued by any Government/ Semi-Government Agency.
The applicant will have to produce Family Photo (including all members whose names are mentioned for Ration Card ) to the department. The photo may be attested by any gazetted officer/ MC/ MLA/ MP/ Municipal Councillor/ SDM/ Tehsildar etc. The rule may be vary state to state.
If you are unable to provide a valid identity proof, need not worry. You can make written request to District Food Supply Officer. Upon your request, the food supply department will conduct inquiry and take statements of your neighbours as a witness.
This way you can apply for your Ration Card. In whole process, if you feel any difficulty, you can contact the same office for help. In case your problem is not resolved by DFSO, you can make a written complaint to Higher Authorities.
Complaint can be sent to below rank Officers –
- SDM (Sub Divisional Magistrate)
- Deputy Commissioner/ District Collector (DC)
- or any other higher authority of District/ State or Centre Level.