Ration Card- Documents List

List of Documents Required for Ration Card Application

Ration Card Documents Required – Ration Card is also known as Permanent Ration Card (PRC) and Household Consumer Card (HCC). If you want to obtain Ration Card from your state government, you will have to supply any of the following documents with Application Form-

  1. Voter ID Card
  2. Electricity Bill in the name of Head of Family.
  3. Water Bill issued by Public Health Department/ Issuing Authority.
  4. Copy of Name mentioned in the Family Register
  5. Copy of Aadhar Card
  6. Copy of Telephone Bill
  7. Any other relevant document issued by any Government/ Semi-Government Agency.

The applicant will have to produce Family Photo (including all members whose names are mentioned for Ration Card ) to the department. The photo may be attested by any gazetted officer/ MC/ MLA/ MP/ Municipal Councillor/ SDM/ Tehsildar etc. The rule may be vary state to state.

If you are unable to provide a valid identity proof, need not worry. You can make written request to District Food Supply Officer. Upon your request, the food supply department will conduct inquiry and take statements of your neighbours as a witness.

This way you can apply for your Ration Card. In whole process, if you feel any difficulty, you can contact the same office for help. In case your problem is not resolved by DFSO, you can make a written complaint to Higher Authorities.

Complaint can be sent to below rank Officers –

  • SDM (Sub Divisional Magistrate)
  • Deputy Commissioner/ District Collector (DC)
  • Commissioner
  • or any other higher authority of District/ State or Centre Level.

Get Duplicate Ration Card – Apply Online

Apply for Ration Card – Online/ Offline

Ration Card Application Form

Updated: December 20, 2015 — 3:29 pm


Add a Comment
  1. How can one get ration card on rented house,if no owned house


    humari dijital card abhitak delar ne nahi diya plese ap logo milke kuch sahayata kijiya.

  3. I am narayan saw form harina granpanchayat weed no.9 . I am apply for ration card but my her been not apply. You can help me about this usseu.
    Thank you.
    Narayan saw
    Harina gomoh road,nawaghar Dhanbad. Jh 828306

  4. Meranam GANESH Kumar thakur hai mai KATHAILA bhairaba BISFI madhubani Bihar karhane bala hu mera dono pair we apahig hu bpl me nam hai par mera rasan card nahi mila mera patani air do larka vi hai aur ma vi hai

  5. I’m Mr. Ramesh Naik married to Taniya previous name Tanuja Monohar Pokle, MPT colony,’B’ type, Headland sada, Marmugao,Goa. Now they r shifted to Borda Margao, Goa. Sir, I want to know if they have deleted Tanuja’s name from their ration card. Please mail it earliest. Thank u sir

  6. I am sarban mahto.Vill.+p.o_chero p.s sarmera dist.nalanda(bihar) Abhi tak mujhe ration card nahi mila hai.kiyon.

  7. I have been transfered to District Bilaspur to Dharamshala. I have my own family ration card in Bilaspur. Now I have permanently shifted to Dharamshala and purchased my own house. Now District Bilaspur tehsil jhandutta has given me certificate for deletion of my ration card. I want to make new ration card on my new address Dharamshala. So It will be possible to make new ration card of new address after producing the deletion certificate.?

  8. sir please add mywife name in rationcard

  9. Vinit Kumar Agnihotri

    Sir mi or meri family 5 Years se kanpur mi rah rahi hi par abhi tak mera ration card nahi bana hi.sir mane farm bhi barkar sambit kiye par hua kuch nahi sir kuch bataiye kase banega ration card.plz sir

    1. Go on your block food supply distributer department and attach on your share problem so, Bdo.. and your distibuter related attach case. And than after your problem solve and reissu from , that gets you ration card at your home.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ration Card Website © 2015 - Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact UsCOPYING THE CONTENT FROM THIS WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER - May cause Criminal Penalties, including IMPRISONMENT of up to 5 YEARS and Fines of up to INR 5,000,000 per offense.