Ration Card Online- Tamil Nadu
Information regarding Ration Card in Tamil Nadu, Application Form, Update Ration Card in Tamil Nadu, Correction, Deletion, Change in Name, Address, Apply For Ration Card in Tamil Nadu available on this page. If you want to Apply New/ Duplicate Ration Card in Tamil Nadu including Including Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Tiruvallur, Tiruvallur, Thoothukudi, Thanjavur, Tiruvallur and Kanyakumari district, this page contain a lot of information for you.
Ration Card Department in Tamil Nadu –
Department Name- Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection Department
Address- Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Ezhilagam, Chennai -600005
Phone No.- 044- 28583222 – 209
Official Website URL– www.consumer.tn.gov.in
Eligibility for Apply Ration Card in Tamil Nadu-
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens.
- The applicant and his/her family must be living and cooking separately
- The applicant and his/her family must be ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India
- The applicant or any of his/her family members must not be a member in any other family card in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
Download Application for Ration Card in Tamil Nadu State-
Applications for the Ration Card will be accepted if it is made in proper format. Application format or forms for the ration card may be downloaded online or can visit this link-
Download Application Form in English – http://www.tn.gov.in/appforms/ration.pdf
Download Application Form In Tamil- http://www.tn.gov.in/tamiltngov/appforms/ration_t.pdf
Download Application format under Tatkal Family Cards- http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/forms/Resiproof_e_appln_0.pdf
Download Application of Cards for Forest Staff- http://www.consumer.tn.gov.in/pdf/forest_card_appln.pdf
In Chennai Applications with documents should be submitted to the Assistant Commissioner of Civil supplies of the Applicant’s area Zone. In the districts other than Chennai should be contacted to Taluk Supply Officers of the Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department or Assistant Rationing Officers (in Coimbatore city) of area from where applicants belongs.
Necessary Documents To be Enclosed-
After filling the application form in required format, it should be proper signed or thumb impression. List of documents that need to enclose is as-
A. Proof of the applicant’s current residence in Tamil Nadu should be attached with it. Any one document out of following is required as Address proof-
- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- Property Tax Payment receipt in case of own house (current year)
- Electricity Bill ( Last Month)
- Telephone bill (Last Month)
- Front page of the Bank Pass Book
- Allotment orders in respect of persons residing at houses allotted by Slum Clearance Board
- In case of rented house, Currently valid Tenancy Agreement
B. Surrender Certificate along with relevant family card issued by the card issuing authority if any card is issued in the previous address or Name Deletion Certificate from the parent or guardian family card or Non-inclusion of name Certificate issued by the card issuing authority in the previous address
C. Details of LPG connection, if any, with details of name of consumer in whose name it is registered, consumer number, LPG agency and Oil Company name.
Ration Card Procedure in Tamil Nadu-
1. Filled Application form along with the documents should be submitted to the respective offices. A self addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard should be pasted to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicants and mobile number or email addresses should also be filled for sending the status of application to them.
2. After submission of applications, an acknowledgement slip will be given by the authorities to the applicants and this acknowledgement slip will contain the date and time of the application , serial number and date of final disposal and ofifce seal. After that the application form will be sent for the verification.
3. Concerned officer or inspector will inspect the information filled by the applicant. Inspection will be carried out within the 30 days of the submission of applications. In case it is not done within the stipulated time so applicant can talk to Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer on this matter.
4. If the verification report found true, then the application will be approved and card will be sent for the printing. Government of Tamil Nadu has fixed the time limit for passing orders on applications for new ration as 60 days from the date of application. After the printing of the ration Card, a post card will be sent to the applicant requesting him to collect the card from the respective office within 15 days.
5. Applicant need to carry Acknowledgement slip with him while collecting the Ration Card or in case of the information found false at the time of verification, a post card specifying rejection reasons will be delivered to the applicant’s address.
6. In case, the head of the family (applicant) is not able to collect the ration card due to any valid reason, the applicant/head of family may send a letter authorizing any other member of the family to collect the family card on his/her behalf.
7. Such a letter must have the signature of the other member of the family attested by the applicant. The person so authorised may collect the card after surrendering the acknowledgement slip issued at the time of submission of the application.
If the detail in application form found fake/false like applicant has mention the false data such as inclusion of family members who are already included in any other family card in Tamil Nadu or elsewhere, does not disclose information on LPG connection etc. then under the section 7 of Essential Commodities Act he would be liable for criminal prosecution and consequent punishment.
Application Fee for Ration Card in Tamil Nadu-
Applicant will be charged Rs. 5/- as fee for the new ration card and this should be paid to the concerned AC or TSO Office.
Types of Ration Card in Tamil Nadu-
Applicants for ration cards are given a card type based on their choice.
All Commodity Ration Cards– It is of green Colour and issued to the cardholders opting for rice as well as all other essential commodities.
Sugar Cards– It is of White colour and will be issued to the cardholders opting for sugar instead of Rice. Cardholders can buy all other essential commodities, except rice
No Commodity Cards- This card is of white colour and issued to the cardholders who do not want any commodity under Public Distribution System.
For Renewal of Family Card in Tamil Nadu-
- Go to the Link i.e. http://220.127.116.11:8080/newfcp/nonecardrenewal2015.htm
- Enter the Ration card Number.
- Select the Family Card Type.
- Clcik on ” Submit” Option.
After the process, follow the guidelines given on the website. After this, the renewal process will be started by the department, and the Ration Card will be renewed and will be delivered to you with in the prescribed time period.